The most sceptic person (me) is now the biggest marketer of this product. I can’t see any other method of development for high performing teams.
SALES MANAGER OF OTHERS ASSESSMENT CENTRE (A VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT CENTRE)
The candidate is placed in the role of District Sales Manager for a division of a printing company.
As Sales Manager, the candidate is responsible for the sales team and for managing its goals. Throughout the 4.5-hour Assessment Centre the candidate faces various challenges: he/she has to manage four direct reports; address customer needs; and provide direction to the team. Challenges are presented as In-Basket items that are used to generate interactive role-plays and a District Business Sales Plan. Some of the challenges include:
• a new Product Launch;
• addressing Customer Billing Errors;
• Employee Retention;
• Team Staffing;
• Customer Service Difficulties;
• Team-level Business Plan Creation;
• dealing with Employee Underperformance; and
• dealing with Conflicting Priorities.
• Colleague Interaction: balancing conflicting priorities
• Coaching Discussion: coaching a direct report about career goals in order to retain the high-potential employee
• Mediating Discussion: mediating a negotiation between peers solving a key customer's problem
• Customer Interaction: calming an unhappy customer and building relationships.